LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #222
This week's episode starts off with a brief economic discussion and then heads into a news miscellany. Believe it or not, LISTen has now been around for five years as of this week.
To cheat and spoil the last lines of this episode:
This episode came to you from the south shores of Lake Erie. This program first originated from metro Las Vegas. Where might it come from at this time next year?
- Associated Press: Twinkies likely to survive sale of Hostess
- Reuters: Petrified by the fiscal cliff? Relax, it's just a slope
- Zero Hedge: Intended and Unintended Consequences: The ‘Darden Approach’ to Obamacare
- The Corner at National Review Online: Obamacare Forces Applebee’s New York to Stop Hiring
- Stephen's Lighthouse: How to kill a library
- On a + note: How to kill a library… #39: 2012
- The Verge: Boxee CEO Avner Ronen: 'I'm not sure people want everything on demand'
- Daring Fireball: Tweetro, Popular Metro-Style Windows 8 Twitter Client, Hits 100K User Token Wall
- WindowsObserver.com: Tweetro Forced To Pull Their App from Windows Store
- The View From Chaos Manor: eBooks; Benghazi
- TeleRead: In B&N’s closure of Fictionwise, Canadian customers lose big
- Public Libraries News: Make it one to remember: National Libraries Day, Saturday 9th February 2013
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals: National Libraries Day takes place on Saturday 9 February 2013
- BBC News: Many teenagers 'can't read GCSE exam papers'
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net. Support and subsistence items for the production team can be purchased and sent from here via Amazon, as always.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit