- LISWire: Pasco County Libraries Choose ByWater Solutions’ Koha Support
- LISWire: EBSCO Information Services Rolls Out 28 New eBook Subject Sets
The import script seems to be ready to roll. Itâ€™s going to suck all the email addresses out of the old ezmlm mailing list, and turn them into brand new accounts, with the daily newsletter option turned on. The â€œdailyâ€? newsletter is now going to run only on Monday Wednesday and Friday. This still leaves the weekly list to deal with. I think Iâ€™m going to have to kill that, and roll it into the regular list. I simply donâ€™t have the time to make a weekly option for the slashcode at this point, nor do I have the time to worry about that list floating around out there, should I leave the weekly list live. If all goes well Iâ€™ll make the magic happen next week. I want this all worked our before I leave for Hawaii.
So thatâ€™s thatâ€¦
In other LISNews news, the journals have been so much fun to watch. Iâ€™m quite happy with how much they are being used, I had rather low expectations, and have been proven wrong. Thereâ€™s even been some discussion on some of the journals.
Moderation participation is about what I expected, thereâ€™s a few people doing a lot of moderation, a few other people doing it once in a while, and most people not at all, or maybe just once. The # of comments seems to be about the same on the new code as it was on the old. Over all, visits, hits, page views, and all that jazz are slowly trending up.
Last month we had about 3,500 visitors a day, served about 12,450 pages a day, all that from around 61,000 hits a day. Those are the number from last month, and the stats were down for a few days in there, so the real numbers are a bit higher.
Some more interesting findings in the logsâ€¦
1. (no referral) 68,694 66.67%
2. www.google.com/search 12,261 11.90%
3. search.yahoo.com/search 4,225 4.10%
4. radio.userland.com/newsAggregator 3,908 3.79%
5. frontier.userland.com/xmlAggregator 1,111 1.08%
6. www.google.ca/search 982 0.95%
7. aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search 754 0.73%
8. mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter 476 0.46%
9. www.steakandcheese.com/content/browse.asp 446 0.43%
10. google.com.au/search 416 0.40%
As you can see itâ€™s almost entirely a google world for us. LISJobs, librarian.net and BetweenTheStacks are the only 3 â€œrealâ€? sites that made it into the top 25 referrers, and none of them sent in more than .11% of total sessions. Iâ€™m never quite sure what to make of those numbers. I guess with 66% of people coming in with no referral it means most people who read LISNews already know weâ€™re here.
Top Keywords from those:
1. (no referral) 81,162 78.77%
2. harry potter book six 790 0.77%
3. pick up lines 662 0.64%
4. welchia virus 659 0.64%
5. librarian action figure 442 0.43%
6. pickup lines 241 0.23%
7. sixth harry potter book 237 0.23%
8. harry potter sixth book 230 0.22%
9. bush demonstrating genuine leadership 220 0.21%
10. pick-up lines 183 0.18%
The top keywords lead me to believe that not everyone is happy finding LISNews.
Most popular pages:
1. /lisnews.rss 57,906 16.04%
2. /article.pl 54,175 15.00%
3. /index.pl 34,286 9.50%
4. /article.php3 32,366 8.96%
5. /search.pl 20,483 5.67%
6. /comments.pl 19,535 5.41%
7. /relocate.pl 12,300 3.41%
8. /rss/descriptions.rss 8,889 2.46%
9. /robots.txt 4,898 1.36%
10. /users.pl 4,292 1.19%
11. /index.rss 4,076 1.13%
12. /wireless_descriptions.rss 3,499 0.97%
13. /submit.pl 3,134 0.87%
14. /articles.rss 2,646 0.73%
15. /favicon.ico 2,596 0.72%
Our feeds our crazy popular now. Itâ€™s been fun watching the incredible growth in popularity of RSS. Having an RSS feed was one thing LISNews was way ahead of the curve on.