Occasionally when I sit down to attempt writing something substantial the words will flow like wine. Normally the flow is more like molasses, or maybe VT. Maple Syrup. This week, for some odd reason, the words were flowing like Niagara Falls, and I ended up with a rather long and extremely detailed look at LISNews. So collected here is a series of rather poorly written essays that describe LISNews in excruciating detail; where it came from, how it runs, who runs it, and what it might look like in the future.
- What Gorman Got Right: Not exactly LISNews, but it's what I started with.
- Many Facets for Many People. Wherein the by explores the many ways to access LISNews content.
- Strengths and Weaknesses. It's not all good.
- A Brief History. Since November 1999 LISNews has seen many changes.
- The Story Behind The Stories. We dig up some interesting stuff.
- The people (Including me). Who does what to whom and why.
- Technical Details. For the geeks (like me) only.
- Past, Present and Mostly Future. What can we do to fight off irrelevancy?
I'd like to hear from you if you have questions, comments or ideas on things I might have missed. I'll be using this series for part of my presentation at LITA this fall.