This week's program has a somewhat cheerful essay talking about cultural balkanization as seen through the lens of mid-season television show cancellations. Notice was also given that there will likely be a special dropped into the feed without warning during the week as proceedings continue at the World Conference on International Telecommunications.
- The Register: US drops ‘net regulation bombshell, threatens WCIT exit -- Pique-propelled pacifier projectile launched at ITU
- ZDNet: WCIT-12 leak shows Russia, China, others seek to define 'government-controlled Internet'
- LISWire: Kudzu Kidz, LLC Launches a New Book, Counting and Rhyming with Friends, fun for all ages!
- Security4Lib - IT Security For Libraries
- Reuters: Internet governance talks in jeopardy as Arab states, Russia ally
- Chronicle of Higher Education: What if We Made Fewer Ph.D.'s?
- AEIdeas: November Jobs Report -- Another nasty, ‘new normal’ month for US workers
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net. Stephen's Silly Summation of Christmas Wishes can be found here via Amazon, as always.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit
Is our 24/7 wired world causing us to lose as much as we've gained?