LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #256
This week's episode is a news miscellany since the federal government shutdown rolls ever onward and we have no public service announcements to play.
- The Blaze: WATCH THE MOVING MOMENT FED-UP PROTESTERS BREAK THROUGH BARRIERS AT THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL, WALK UP THE STEPS AND CELEBRATE (UPDATE: POLICE END THE PARTY)
- The Blaze: ‘FOLKS ABOUT TO RIOT’: TWITTER EXPLODES WITH OUTRAGE OVER ELECTRONIC FOOD STAMP SHUTDOWN
- The Verge: Russia reportedly planning state-controlled 'Sputnik' search engine
- The Incomparable: What If Galactus Was Made of Jello?
- The Captain's Journal: Attacks On Arkansas Electrical Grid
- CNN: Arkansas man charged in connection with power grid sabotage
- The Register: Brazil's anti-NSA prez urged to SNATCH keys to the internet from America
- The Internet Governance Project: THE CORE INTERNET INSTITUTIONS ABANDON THE US GOVERNMENT
- The Verge: BBC releases long-lost 'Doctor Who' episodes exclusively on iTunes
- Radio Survivor: How FSN Reports came to be offered in place of the shuttered Free Speech Radio News
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis) (Free Lossless Audio Codec) (Speex), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net. Throw a paperback at us via this Amazon picklist.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/.