LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #249
This special edition deals with the Groklaw shutdown announced on Tuesday, August 20, 2013. Groklaw is hosted at ibiblio similarly to LISNews and librarian.net. History of the growth of the National Security Agency under both Republican and Democratic Presidents is also discussed.
- PC PRO: Microsoft, Google – now Amazon joins list of big-name outages
- Groklaw: Forced Exposure ~pj
- Legal Insurrection: Forced Exposure: Online Privacy Concerns Prompt Shutdown of Groklaw
- Andy Ihnatko: Groklaw closes up shop, editor blames the surveillance culture: "for me, the Internet is over." http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20130818120421175 …
- Glyn Moody: The Canary in the Coal Mine -- Groklaw Shuts Down
- Ars Technica: Groklaw shuts down rather than risk feds snooping through e-mail
- The Verge: Legal blog Groklaw shuts down citing NSA surveillance concerns
- PC World: Tech legal news site Groklaw shuts down because email privacy 'is impossible'
- The Guardian: Groklaw legal site shuts over fears of NSA email snooping
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis) (Free Lossless Audio Codec) (Speex), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We also encourage the use of a service like gpodder.net. Throwing a paperback or two in the Stephen's direction off his Amazon wishlist remains possible as he tries to get out of unemployment.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/.