LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #239
In light of the Air Staff being shorthanded with someone in hospital ICU, this week's episode brings only a news miscellany.
- CBC News: Libraries without librarians don't make sense, forum told
- PC World: Serious LibreOffice update fixes 54 bugs
- The Verge: Ebooks made up 22.55 percent of all US publishing revenue in 2012
- Michael Geist: Canada's Digital Divide Likely to Widen Due to Access and Adoption Failures
- Michael Geist: The Canadian Digital Divide -- The Experience Just North of Toronto
- AEIdeas: Obama White House -- US likely faces ‘permanently slower’ economic growth
- The Register: Library ebooks must SELF-DESTRUCT if scribes want dosh - review -- Shovel UK taxpayer cash this way please, say publishers
- The Hill: News bites -- Broadcast lobby chief unalarmed by Fox threat
- PCMag.com: CBS Also Threatens to Yank Broadcast Stations Over Aereo
- Ars Technica: News Corp. COO -- If we lose Aereo lawsuit, Fox may stop broadcasting - Fox probably won't go cable-only, but they'll fight for their retrans fees.
- PCMag.com: News Corp. Threatens to Yank Fox Broadcast Networks Over Aereo
- AllThingsD: News Corp. Threatens to Pull Fox off the Airwaves if Aereo Wins
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis) (Free Lossless Audio Codec), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net. Matériel purchasing needs including subsistence support selections can be found via Amazon.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit