Submitted by Daniel on August 22, 2008 - 2:38pm
Application and full listing available at http://notes4.state.ak.us/wa/PostApps.nsf/0/3148EC2E16FE3E51892574AD006107DE?OpenDocument.
- Are you PASSIONATE about libraries?
- Have you ever told someone you barely know that they ought to use a proprietary database or other library resource?
- Would you like to design and implement a distance education program?
- Are you a self-starter who thrives in a collegial atmosphere?
- If you answered "yes" to more than one question, then apply to be the Alaska State Library's newly designated Outreach Librarian!
Help raise awareness of core library services to state employees. Help us get our program of distance instruction and web tutorials from dreams to reality. Meet people from around the state and from every region of planet Earth.
What does an Outreach Librarian do?
- Promotes awareness of State Library services to state agency employees through direct contacts by mail, phone and physical visits,
- Coordinates and supports library educational and other outreach activities for State employees and others, and
- Provides reference and bibliographic services to selected state agencies and to the public. As part of reference, the successful candidate will spend between 8-10 hours a week on our public reference desk.