10 Things to do With LISNews to Kill Time on Friday
Submitted by Blake on January 30, 2004 - 3:19pm
- Create Your Own Discussions. You can use the comments page to start a discussion independent of any story or journal entry.
- Write In Your Own Blog [AKA Journal]. If you have a user account, and you're logged in, you can blog right here at LISNews. You can browse the most recent entries Here.
- Change Your Messages. The Slashcode that powers LISNews has the ability to keep you informed of what's going on around the site. You can be informed when a comment of yours gets moderated, when someone replies to your journal, and a few other things as well.
- Browse By Topic.
- Browse By Story Popularity.
- Moderate Comments you love/hate. Comment with higher scores can be seen by more people, and you give the person higher karma.
- Ignore Low Rated Comments. Your comments page lets you filter out comments based on score, type, or the person who left them.
- Make New Friends. The friends/foes system lets you choose other LISNewsterz as friends, or foes. You can then be notified when they post a journal entry, or you can highlight or ignore a comment left by your friends and foes.
- Change The Homepage. There's about a million options in there. You can Exclude Stories from the Homepage based on author, topics, and sections. Add your own slashboxes, and more.
- Have Fun!