Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large 6:11 (September 2006) is now available for downloading.
The 22-page issue (PDF as usual, but most essays are also available as HTML separates from the home page) includes:
- Perspective: The New Site & COWLZ: A Lost Opportunity? - The largest essay: Why C&I moved, and the history of COWLZ (such as it is), from start to (apparent) finish, with notes on the gray literature of librarianship.
- Bibs & Blather - A few things I'd rather not write about and some quick followups from previous issues.
- Trends & Quick Takes - 4 "trends" (including a back-and-forth on gen-gen) and four quicker takes.
- The Censorware Chronicles - 10 things you might not know about censorware and a new (and better) "Internet filters: A public policy report"
- The Library Stuff - Nine or sixteen items, depending on how you look at it.
- My Back Pages - Nine little rants
And for those of you who stayed away for the summer: Don't forget Cites & Insights 6:10, August 2006: "Looking at Liblogs," a 30-page essay looking at 213 blogs from library people.