Cites & Insights 6:1, January 2006, is now available for downloading.
The 24-page issue is PDF as usual. Except for "My Back Pages"--a new section that's exclusively part of the complete issue--all sections are also available as HTML separates from the home page.
This issue includes:
- Bibs & Blather - Interdependency, C&I at Midwinter, YBP at Midwinter, "no year's resolutions" and more.
- Followup/Feedback Perspective: OCA and GLP Redux - Why I was partly wrong about Project Gutenberg (as explained by Bruce Albrecht), plus a little more about the Open Content Alliance and a lot more about Google Book Search and the Google Library Project.
- Interesting & Peculiar Products - Eleven of them!
- Following Up & Feedback - Sony BMG and DRM, and recognizing that Fiona Bradley writes Blisspix, not Explodedlibrary!
- ©2 Perspective: Will Fair Use Survive? - Notes on the first-rate new report from the Free Expression Policy Project
- Trends & Quick Takes - Eleven trends and quick takes and four quicker takes.
- My Back Pages - Five easy pieces in this PDF-only section.