Cites & Insights 5.1 available
Here's the formal announcement:
The 22-page issue (PDF as always) includes:
- Bibs & Blather: Sponsorship, notes on conference blogging, and why I'm
not commenting on Google Library.
- Perspective: The End of the Experiment (and the beginning of the
journal). A transitional note.
- Library Access to Scholarship: Notes on NIH's plans, the stalled
situation in the UK, and a few short pieces.
- Feedback: Your Insights: Ross E. Riker comments on "What's Wrong With
- Perspective: Looking Back 1: Trends & Products, 1995-2000: An excerpt
(and comment) from each issue of "Trailing Edge Notes" and "Crawford's
- Copyright Currents: What didn't happen in Congress' lame-duck session,
plus notes on DRM developments and the RIAA.
I'm looking for program and conference reporters. See
http://cites.boisestate.edu/reporting.htm for details.
The title and subtitle have not changed. I'm adding a tagline in next issue's banner, and changing the defining comment in the masthead (that's already happened), but nothing that would affect cataloging (Gaia forfend!) has changed or will change. The change from "zine" to "journal" is pragmatic--all the more so as I'm inviting other participants, making it even less of a zine.