New FGI Discussions: April 24, 2006
"New FGI Discussions" has been hiatus since April 8th, but both our guest blogger Shane Mackey and the Free Government Information volunteers have been busy these past few weeks: Shane's entries:
- Spring 2006 DLC: Joseph Janes and call for more info - Daniel
- Spring 2006 DLC: Biennial Survey Update - hundreds of libraries still waiting - Daniel
- Official Spring 2006 Depository Library ConferenceProceedings now Available - Daniel
- Spring 2006 DLC: A mostly electronic FDLP Collection - NOT! - Daniel
- Blog highlighting file format issues - Daniel
- Secret Agreement Reveals Covert Program to Hide Reclassification from Public - James R.
- Maine Seeks to Opt Out of GATS Library Agreement - James R.
- The Catalog of U.S. Government Publications and the state of the OPAC - James A.
- Censorship at the Department of Education? - James R.
- Statistics Canada e-pubs free as of April 24, 2006 - James R.
The GPO folks running the Future Digital System project have been active as well. While the FDSys Blog has been inactive since January 24, 2006, the main FDSys site has posted an amendement to their RFP and posted an updated requirements document. If you use Bloglines (http://www.bloglines.com/) or some other RSS reader, consider subscribing to the FGI Feed at http://freegovinfo.info/blog/feed to get FGI stories as they are posted. With this issue, "New FGI Discussions" resumes it's regular weekly schedule. Come and join the discussions!