JK wins bid to silence Potter book accused

From The Scotsman uthor JK Rowling has won a court battle to stop two men leaking details of her eagerly-awaited latest book after a dramatic operation to recover two stolen copies.

The book, due to be published on July 16, was offered to two national newspapers.

Edinburgh resident Rowling was granted a High Court injunction against the men, aged 19 and 37, after they were accused of trying to sell printed copies of Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince.

Spokesmen for The Sun and the Daily Mirror said both had been contacted by someone claiming to have copies of the new book.

The newspapers said they each planned to meet the man in Kettering, Northants, to ensure the books were returned to the publishers.

A Northamptonshire Police spokesman said they arrested two men after being contacted about the book.

Syndicate content