Goucher College in Maryland has a new library. Sort of. Yes, there are stacks and study carrels and a circulation desk and so forth, but . . . the following functions and spaces are also located in what is called the Athenaeum.
• an art gallery
• a restaurant that serves sandwiches and other light fare
• an open forum space that can seat at least 700 people
• treadmills, exercise bikes and rowing machines
• studios for the campus radio station
• a commuter lounge with a full kitchen
• a unisex bathroom with a shower
The Chronicle of Higher Education has word of this at http://chronicle.com/article/Is-It-a-Library-A-Student/48360/ but you must be a subscriber to see the content.