LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #259
This week's episode presents a news miscellany.
- The Atlantic: Daylight Saving Time Is Terrible: Here's a Simple Plan to Fix It
- The Verge: Abolish daylight saving time and divide the US into just two time zones, economist says
- Renesys: Google DNS Departs Brazil Ahead of New Law
- Washington Free Beacon: Government ‘Mining’ Social Media for Information on Health Behavior -- HHS division will spend $30,000 on social media research
- INFOdocket: Southern Connecticut State University Library Grad Program Loses ALA Accreditation
- The Other McCain: Gasp! ‘Nerdgasm’ Spoiled by Discovery of Homophobia Behind ‘Ender’s Game’?
- The Washington Times: MOVIE REVIEW: ‘Ender’s Game’
- The Verge: Security hole in Healthcare.gov exposed user email addresses
- Moe Lane: Your personal information is not secure on healthcare.gov. #obamacare
- Librarian in Black: Internet Librarian 2013 – The Next Big Thing
- The Register: 'It's a joke!' ... Bill Gates slams Mark Zuckerberg's web-for-the-poor dream
- The Verge: Bill Gates says putting worldwide internet access before malaria research is 'a joke'
- Indiegogo: Project: Community Computers
- Mashable: Email Providers Build Service to Protect Your Inbox From the NSA
- The Guardian: NSA surveillance may cause breakup of internet, warn experts
- Zero Hedge: The Ten US Cities With Less Than Ten Days Of Cash On Hand
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis) (Free Lossless Audio Codec) (Speex), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/.