LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #248
In this special episode we talk about a new issue in public policy that may create trickle-down issues for public libraries. This is an exception to the on-going hiatus which otherwise remains in effect. The next regular episode remains scheduled for release on Monday, September 2, 2013.
- Slate: University Suspends Online Classes After More Than Half the Students Fail
- Detroit Free Press: Orr defends Detroit bankruptcy on national TV, says city 'dug this hole'
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan AG challenges judge's ruling that Detroit bankruptcy is unconstitutional
- Human Events: Judge Halts Detroit Bankruptcy
- Detroit Free Press: Windsor mayor--We would consider buying tunnel to Canada if it's sold in bankruptcy
- Detroit Free Press: Orr tells Detroit retirees: Your pensions, benefits are safe for 6 months amid bankruptcy
- The Corner: What Detroit’s Debt Problem Looks Like
- The Corner: Detroit Crosses the Rubicon
- Detroit Free Press: Editorial--Creditors need to face Detroit's harsh fiscal reality
- NBC News: Detroit's bankruptcy battle likely to be long and painful
- Legal Insurrection: End of accounting tricks offers harsh realities for Detroit, others
- Zero Hedge: The Death Of A City: Detroit's Eulogy As Delivered By Kevyn Orr
- Zero Hedge: Detroit Mayor Warns "We May Be One Of The First... But We Absolutely Won't Be The Last"
- CBS News: Gov. Rick Snyder: Government bailout is the wrong answer for Detroit
- Volokh Conspiracy: Detroit’s Bankruptcy and the Michigan Constitution
- Fox News: Snyder shoulders Detroit bankruptcy decision, won't ask for federal help
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis) (Free Lossless Audio Codec) (Speex), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net.
To purchase a paperback or two to celebrate the one year anniversary of Stephen entering unemployment, check out the Amazon wishlist here to send one.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/.