LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #247
This week's program brings another retransmission from the Voice of America where the continuing cyber-snooping situation is discussed. Stephen tells a tale of how communications metadata can be used in a benign but contemporary way. A news miscellany is also presented.
- VOA Voice of America: Issues in the News
- Monitoring Times/Shortwave Central: WYFR to close all shortwave services
- The News-Gazette: Library director says mistake was made in book 'weeding'
- Pegasus Librarian: Managing a collection is easier without all those books in the way: The Urbana Free Library’s lesson for the rest of us
- Ars Technica: Encrypted e-mail: How much annoyance will you tolerate to keep the NSA away?
- Practical Cryptography: GPG (2008)
- Free Software Foundation: Fight PRISM through the Free Software Directory
- PCWorld: NSA surveillance hikes interest in non-US cloud providers
- CBS MoneyWatch: Why geniuses don't have jobs
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis) (Free Lossless Audio Codec) (Speex), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net. Matériel purchasing needs of the Air Staff can be found from time to time via Amazon where such can be purchased and sent to them.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/.