LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #227
The tag line for this week's episode: "Information As Weapon"
We've got a bit of an essay talking about that in connection with an awful case in Ohio. Information might want to be free, but couldn't it also be used as a weapon?
There's no miscellany this week as we thought that that would be enough to consider within the realm of preserving the knowledge ecology.
- The Register: Anonymous turns private eye in Ohio rape case -- Releases purloined data after hacking attack
- The Plain Dealer: Protest over investigation of suspected rape turns spotlight on Steubenville
- WJW Fox8: Masked Protesters Storm Steubenville
- The Atlantic Wire: Inside the Anonymous Hacking File on the Steubenville 'Rape Crew'
- New York Times: Rape Case Unfolds on Web and Splits City
- NewsNet5: National criticism on Steubenville rape case prompts website creation
- National Post: Matt Gurney -- Anonymous bullies the wrong (presumed) Amanda Todd bully
- Slate: Did Anonymous Unmask the Wrong Guy in Its Hunt for the Man Who Allegedly Drove a Teen to Suicide?
- The Globe and Mail: RCMP dismiss online rumour about Amanda Todd’s tormentor
- arXiv: How Much of the Web Is Archived?
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit