LISTen: An LISNews.org Program -- Episode #218
This week's episode brings discussion of preparing to respond appropriately to Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath as well as a news miscellany.
- The Atlantic: Study -- Writers Are Twice as Likely to Commit Suicide
- BBC: UN calls to expand internet surveillance
- CNET: U.N. calls for 'anti-terror' Internet surveillance
- Ars Technica: Amazon Web Services outage once again shows reality behind "the cloud"
- Library of Congress: Chronicling America Posts 5 Millionth Page -- Popular Online Resource Provides Access to Nation’s Historic Newspapers
- CBC News: Online vigilantes -- Is 'doxing' a neighbourhood watch or dangerous witch hunt?
Download here (MP3) (Ogg Vorbis), or subscribe to the podcast (MP3) to have episodes delivered to your media player. We suggest subscribing by way of a service like gpodder.net. Support and subsistence items for the production team can be purchased and sent from here via Amazon, as always.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/.