Get LISNews via email! Enter Your Email Address:
Visitors to LISjobs.com will notice a new look and feel today as the newly-redesigned site launches. The redesign brings LISjobs.com in line with current web standards and adds new content and features. Note that old links willl be broken; please update your links and bookmarks.
Highlights of the redesign include:
* Better integration of the LISjobs.com forum and other interactive site features.
* Job ads that, as always, are free to both job seekers and employers.
* New content on education and career development, including information on MLIS scholarships as well as on funding conference attendance and other CE opportunities.
* A more standards-compliant and accessible design.
* A new logo designed by Wendy Koff, Librarian and Web Designer.
* Updated links to outside resources; all links were checked manually in October 2008.
* Improved organization -- information for both job seekers and employers is now easier to find.
* Opportunities for sponsorship -- relevant organizations can easily reach an audience of librarians and info pros.
"I'm excited to launch the new and improved LISjobs.com to better serve librarians, library workers, and info pros at all stages of their careers," says webmaster Rachel Singer Gordon. "Stay tuned for more additions and improvements soon!"
Love the new logo? Grab yourself a t-shirt at the new LISjobs.com Cafepress store. Find a job on LISjobs.com? Join the Flickr group, upload your photo, and you could see yourself featured on the site. (Don't have a Flickr account? Email your photo and story to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
* Free job ads
* Free bimonthly professional development newsletter
* Low-cost resume posting
* A library career- and professional development-related online discussion forum
* Career Q&A from Susanne Markgren and Tiffany Allen
* Rethinking Information Careers, a regular column by Kim Dority
* ... and more!
Come, explore, join in, and become part of the LISjobs.com community.