Facebook is Getting an Update
Facebook announced up coming changes. Soon, as with Twitter, you’ll have the option to make them public—but not just to everyone on the world’s most popular social network, but everyone around the world. Facebook also gave an in-depth explanation of each level of access:
* Everyone: Anyone, on or off, of Facebook can see it.
* Friends and Networks: People you have confirmed as friends and people in any school or work networks that you’ve joined can see it.
* Friends of Friends: Anyone who is friends with a friend of yours can see it.
* Friends: Only people you have confirmed as friends can see it.
* Custom: Choose any friend or Friend List to include or exclude from seeing that piece of content.
Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg promised more granular privacy controls recently, and this may have been exactly what he meant.
As of now, this feature is being tested with users who have chosen to set their profile and status updates to “Everyone,” but for everyone else, the Publisher settings will remain the same.