Cites & Insights 8:8, August 2008, is now available. The whole issue is PDF, but individual essays are available in HTML from the C&I home page or the article links below.
The 28-page issue includes:
- ©4: Locking Down Technology - A number of skirmishes in the ongoing battle for full copyright maximalism, including strange lawsuits and even stranger threats.
- Perspective: On Numeracy, Naivete, Google & Pew - Did your newspaper say that Pew says 21% of atheists believe in God? Read on...
- Library Access to Scholarship - A range of interesting items, one newsworthy--and, by the way, the PALINET Leadership Network has a brand-new cluster on open access.
- Making it Work - A slew of comments on possibility and reality--or, if you prefer, pragmatism.
- Retrospective: Pointing with Pride, Part 4 - A few gems, including "Living with Contradictions" from way back in 2001.