Get LISNews via email! Enter Your Email Address:
The Tech Static, a new technology book review outlet for librarians launching this November, is seeking regular reviewers for technology-related titles. Please be comfortable with technology and with the prospect of reviewing guides to technology-related topics. Experience with collection development in this area, or with newer technologies, library tech support, or other technological background a plus. These reviews are intended to assist (primarily public and academic) libraries with collection development in this area.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1) Your name, job title, and employer
2) A paragraph or two about your relevant background
3) A short (~100-word) sample review of any technology-related title.
4) In general, what level of books are you willing/able to review? (Beginning/intermediate/expert?)
5) Do you have technology related topics of particular interest? e.g.: specific programming languages or operating systems, specific applications or types of applications, web design, Web 2.0, etc....
Visit The Tech Static at http://www.thetechstatic.com. Please distribute widely.