The Tech Static, a new technology-related book review outlet and collection development resource for librarians launching this November, is soliciting article queries. Current needs include:
* Advice on weeding technology-related titles
* Overviews of “hot” new technologies, software, applications, certifications, or new releases for which libraries should stock updated guides
* Discussion of ways to fund useful collections of technology titles
* Suggestions of what types of professional technology titles to stock for staff’s reference and development
* Series overviews and recommendations for library purchasing
* Any other advice, how-tos, or “how-we-did-it-good” articles related to collection development in the area of technology.
Experience with collection development in this area, or with newer technologies, library tech support, or other technological background a plus. Email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tech Static does not at this time provide monetary compensation for reviews or articles. The Tech Static asks for first electronic publication rights; the copyright and reprint rights for your work remain with you.