The Valentine's Day webcast featured three ARL libraries—Johns Hopkins, McMaster, and the University of Washington—that have engaged the Balanced Scorecard framework, created by Harvard business professors Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton, in their strategy development through an ARL collaborative community based project. Ascendant Strategy Management, a consulting firm specializing in the application of the Balanced Scorecard framework in mission-driven non-profit organizations, will present the Balanced Scorecard theory with in-depth insights from organizations they have worked with in the not-for-profit sector. Ascendant is the consulting firm working with ARL to bring the effective implementation of strategy development with the Balanced Scorecard to libraries.
Workshop presenters include:
* Martha Kyrillidou, Association of Research Libraries
* Ted Jackson, Ascendant Strategy Management
* Winston Tabb and Liz Mengel, Johns Hopkins University
* Betsy Wilson and Steve Hiller, University of Washington
* Jeffrey Trzeciak and Vivian Lewis, McMaster University
The webcast is useful both for those interested in learning more about the Balanced Scorecard and for those who are interested in engaging with ARL and Ascendant in 2011 to develop their strategy using a well-established and proven perspective.